Sunday, January 25, 2009

Can I play with my Daddy's hookers?

Yep....this little gem came out of the mouth of my little man. This is not a recent great quote - but, I just remembered it this morning and thought I should save it for posterity on my blog.

So....maybe six months ago now, I came downstairs after my shower and Isaac was enjoying his usual bowl of dry cereal and juice while watching cartoons and out of his mouth came, "Mama...can I play with my Daddy's hookers?"

Huh?

Yes....I am sure you can imagine the thoughts hurtling through my head.

"Isaac, what are you talking about? What "hookers"?"

"You know Mama! My Daddy's hookers!"

....I'm still trying to figure out WHAT he is talking about since I am firmly believing that he is not talking about any WHO's.....

"Isaac....can you explain to me what you are talking about? I don't understand what that is...."

"Mama! You know, my Daddy's hookers....you know, you just hold them like this and then you put things on them and hook them!".......he is pantomiming something and it finally occurs to me that he is talking about Daddy's HANGERS! Isaac likes to use HANGERS for all uses - guns, "hook-er" things, swords, shields, etc.

"Isaac, do you mean Daddy's hangers?"

A HUGE sigh of relief -"YES Mama! That's what I said! My Daddy's hooker-hanger things!"


Yes....that was all before 8:00am.


The following little gem happened at dinner tonight. We were eating my favorite meal of ALL TIME. Roast beef with potatoes and carrots and gravy and rolls and butter.....mmmmm....I just ate and it still sounds so good.

Anyways - we have been working on appropriate things coming out of Isaac's mouth (you aren't surprised are you?). Most dinner comments lately involve something like "I don't like that" relating to really anything at all.

So, before he even came to the table Steve coached him to only say nice things about the dinner that Mommy had worked hard to make.

Isaac responded by saying, "Mama, this food doesn't even smell bad!"....Steve and I looked at each other with that look of amusement that parents give each other and before we could coach Isaac on the possible inappropriateness of that "compliment" he followed it up with "Mama! This food is good! It doesn't even make me want to go blaaaahhh and spit it out on my plate!".

Yep. We're still working on compliments.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Oh crap these stories are AWESOME!!! PLEASE write more of them!