Sunday, January 4, 2009

Mother of the Year....I think not!

Ok - so, I have been including a few, very few, of the choicest morsels of Isaac's language acquisition. There are so many more that I should include.....here are two gems.
Isaac - "Mom, can I have some strawberry milk, please?"
Me - "yes"
Isaac - "Mom, can I also have some of those kind of strawberries that you put in your mouth and roll around and chop up with your teeth?"
Me - "No, we don't have any strawberries"
Isaac - "Oh....can I have grapes?"

I don't know why - but, that cracks me up!

Here's another good one....that will hopefully offset the final quote that I'll be adding (the quote that will secure that I will NEVER be mother of the year)....but, first, a sweet quote.

Isaac - "Mommy, if I was lost would you go past robots to find me?
Me - "Yes!"
Isaac - "Past huge Robots?"
Me - "Yes!"
Isaac - "Past huge dinosaurs with their roaring mouths roaring and their huge claws to grab you? "
Me - "Yes! I would go past anything to find you!"
Isaac - "Are you sure? Even dragons?"
Me -"Yes, I would go past anything. I would always come find you."
Isaac - "Oh. Good."

Isn't that sweet.

Now, for "the" quote.....I will never be mother of the year....this is why.

Isaac asked to "play house" the other day. He has never asked to do this before so I was kind of shocked and excited! I asked him "How do we play? Who do I get to be?"

He responded...."ok, you be the girl and I'll be the TV"......WHAT? I am a stay-home mom, my whole life revolves around taking care of my children and taking care of my house and MY SON thinks that "playing house" is a girl and a TV!?!?!!

I quit.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Okay - I spit my coffee when I read the last little bit.

Seriously. I've said this before to another blogger - you need to put "spit-take warnings" on blog posts such as this one.

I'm off to go clean coffee out of my keyboard. :)

I miss you friend - I love your stories - you need to share more of them!!! (no pressure or anything).